Senior Python Developer
Pocket worlds has created a platform for virtual communication through play. Our main product - Highrise already has 10 mln players and we're growing. We're looking for a Senior Python Developer (4+ years) to join our Backend team at Highrise. Key words: Python / AsyncIO / AWS / Docker / Kubernetes
About Pocket Worlds
Pocket Worlds is a mobile gaming company that focuses on the power of games to connect people. We build deep, rich games that are social by design and last for decades. Our first game, Highrise , is a creative virtual world where people make avatars, express themselves, and create deep friendships along the way.
We're a completely remote company with a diverse set of employees spanning 16 different countries.
About the Role
Are you a server-side developer with a keen interest in reliable solutions? Is Python your language? Do you want a challenging role that goes beyond backend development and includes infrastructure and operations problems?
We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer who will focus on backend development in Python and will be working on the reliability, efficiency and scalability of our systems. As a member of our small team, you will have a lot of independence and responsibilities.
This role, along with our entire company, is fully remote.
* The compensation for this role will be € 60- € 110k yearly.
As Senior Python Developer you will:
- Design and maintain systems that are robust, flexible and performant
- Be responsible for building complex and take high-scale systems
- Prototype new gameplay ideas and concepts
- Develop server tools for game features and live operations
- Be one of three backend engineers on our small and fast moving team
- Work alongside our C ++, Android, and iOS developers
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to:
- Have 4+ years of experience in Python development
- Be familiar with common database access patterns
- Have experience with designing systems and monitoring metrics, looking at graphs
- Have knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes and Docker
- Be able to work well in a remote development environment
- Be able to communicate in English at a native speaking and writing level
Within 3 months, you'll:
- Be able to contribute new features as well as maintain existing code
- Contribute to the development process with new improvement ideas
- Assist other team members to work with the backend
Within 6 months, you'll:
- Architect new features on your own
- Contribute to the direction of Highrise, both in terms of product and technical
- Come up with large scale refactoring ideas to improve backend cost and performance
Zkušenosti Co požadujeme
Základní dovednostiPython / AsyncIO / AWS / Docker / Kubernetes
SoftskillsCommunication team player
JazykyČesky – domluvit se Anglicky – plynule
Galerie Takhle to u nás vypadá
Práce u nás Co nabízíme
Jaké jsou benefity
Home office scholarship. Haven't worked remotely before? We offer a generous scholarship to help you set up a productive workspace.
Competitive salaries and significant equity
Unlimited Vacation policy. Time off is important - we encourage you to take the time you need.
Education scholarship. We deeply believe in learning and self improvement. We've set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.
Apply here or talk to Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org
Informace o pozici
|130 000 Kč / měsíc
|Typ práce nebo projektu
|Typ pracovního úvazku
We build deep, rich worlds that are playful & social.